Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Transportation Issues?

Ever worry or wonder how you would get back home if, for whatever reason, your parents couldn't come to St. Mike's to pick you up? Well, you really don't have much to worry about it! A lot of students here have cars. Although freshman aren't allowed to have cars on campus until second semester, there are still plenty of ways for transportation. There are a lot of students that are from the east coast. I've met students from Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maine, Rhode Island, and many other states. basically, if you need a ride, there is almost always someone who you could car pool with!


Another fantastic option for transportation is by bus. I recently found a bus company called Megabus, and at first I thought it was too good to be true. Then I realized, it IS true! Megabus offers bus rides from Burlington to Boston for as low as $1 and a $0.50 reservation fee. CRAZY! The earlier you get your ticket, the cheaper it will be. I tried Megabus out a couple of weeks ago to visit my cousins in Boston. I bought my ticket a week in advance, and for a round trip ticket the total was $14. That's only $7 each way! I have my car here at school, but it really is cheaper to take this bus then to drive yourself down. I was amazed at how low the price was. Here is the map that shows where Megabus can take you. The bus itself was extremely nice. They offer free wi-fi on the bus, a bathroom, as well as power outlets for whatever you may need to charge. The drivers were safe, and I had absolutely no problems the entire drive. I will be taking the Megabus again, only because its going to save a lot of gas money. I would highly suggest it!

No comments:

Post a Comment