Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Road Trip!


Happy spring break to all my St. Mike's friends! I hope everyone has a great, relaxing time. As for me, along with the entire Lacrosse team are in Long Island for the week. We are going to be playing the first three games of our season while on this trip. Currently I am sitting in my hotel room watching t.v. with some friends and simply relaxing. It was about an 8 hour ride from St. Michael's down to Long Island. Most of the ride was spent watching some classic movies, listening to music, and sleeping. I didn't know this, but St. Mike's has its own Premier Coach bus with the St. Micheal's logo all over it. The bus itself has Wifi internet, which was awesome. I had no idea that was even possible, but it was very nice to have and helped me waste a lot of time! Of course there were plenty of snacks for the ride, and plenty of "eating 'cause you're bored" in order to waste more time occurred.



I was assigned a room with two other freshman from the team, and luckily we all have our own bed to sleep in. The hotel is only two years old, so all the rooms are extremely nice. Within a half hour we were back on the bus and heading to C.W. Post University to have practice and go over the game plan for tomorrow's game against Seton Hill College. After practice, we came back to the hotel for an awesome home cooked Italian meal from the parents of two players on our team. It was so nice to finally get some real home made food for once. I ate as much as I could.


For the rest of the night I am just going to relax and mentally prepare for our game tomorrow. I will most likely give my girlfriend Murielle a call and get some snacks before an early bed time. Wish us luck tomorrow! I'll be sure to give an update on our trip later this week

Until then,
-Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment